- Fill a bucket with water, from a tap or the river.
- Pour some of the water into a kettle and boil it on the stove or fire.
- When hot, tip it back into the bucket, and mix it in.
- Repeat the previous two steps until the water is the right temperature. It usually only takes two kettles.
- Take it into the shower and use a small saucepan with a side handle to pour the warm water over yourself.
- In the bush we use a 12V shower, the pump sits in the bucket and the showerhead fits onto a shower tent or a window on the car
Of course there are times when you have no water except for drinking and cooking, like when we travel for a week or two across the Simpson Desert. There are no towns and no petrol stations, zip, just you and the sand dunes. Scented baby wipes are the next best alternative.